Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

New and Cool link display

Quote Reply
New and Cool link display
Hi Again...

I am looking for a way to change how the New and Cool pages display the list of links for each individual category, it currently displays like this:

Home : Category: Sub-Category
  • Name of link
    Description of link
  • Name of link 2
    Description of link 2

I would like each group of links from each individual category to display in an individual 2 column frame, the left frame containing the name of the Category (linked, but not showing the parent category) and a small graphic representing the category. In the right column I would list the individual links from that category.. Like this:

How would I go about doing this?

Thanks,
George

Last edited by:

macbethgr: Apr 14, 2002, 6:32 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [macbethgr] New and Cool link display In reply to
You'd probably have to edit the code in nph-build.pm

I can't check at the moment, but the tags are put together in that script, and compiled into a tag for display on the new and cool pages.

There are two code blocks, one for if "gb" and one for not. You'd be interested in the 'gb' block, and you'd want to add a loop that inserted an open table and close table around each change in the category.

I'm not sure you can do this in the templates (without writing a function that was identitical, pretty much, to the chunk of code in nph-build, and passing it link_results_loop), as link_results is returned pre-processed, and link_results_loop is returned ungrouped.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [macbethgr] New and Cool link display In reply to
Erm, didn't you just post in the custom work forum? Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!