Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Need two add link forms

Quote Reply
Need two add link forms
I am trying to have two seperate add link forms. One for the general public and one for the staff. The staff form will have more fields.

How do I go about having two forms?
Quote Reply
Re: [OP] Need two add link forms In reply to
In your Add.html template try something like :

<%if staff%> ( Change to suit you may want to use <%if editor%>
<%include form_staff.html%>
<%else%>
<%include form_public.html%>
<%endif%>

You need to setup an additional form, you can use one that is for the public and the other for the additional staff info.

You may want to add the same to the modify.html template.

The other option would be to make up another add.html template like add_staff.html with the additional info and call it like
<a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/page.cgi?p=add_staff">Staff add link</a>
Have it hidden from the public and just give this URL out to your staff.

If you use the Pagebuilder plugin you could use the page condition call or the editor feature to protect it from prying eyes.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Need two add link forms In reply to
Thanks Minesite,

I would like to go the <%if staff%> route. Where do I add the field? Do I add a seperate field in the usr table, or do I add another selection to the status field? The current status selections are: Not Validated, Registered, Administration.
Quote Reply
Re: [OP] Need two add link forms In reply to
Hi OP

If you can use editors it would be best to use that, its built into the system and you can fully manage them without adding new fields and modifications.

From the help file in Admin

Editors are a powerful new feature of Links SQL. They allow you to off load the maintenance of your directory to other users without having to give them access to your admin. With Editors, you can give users the ability to add, modify, delete, validate links as well alter the category structure.

If you wanted to go the staff route I'd have to take a closer look but I'd say that adding "staff" to the user table status selections would probably be the way to go.

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Need two add link forms In reply to
Editors are the way. Those GT folks are some smart fellers.

Thanks Minesite.