Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Need to set FileMan root directory higher

Quote Reply
Need to set FileMan root directory higher
FileMan, as bundled with Links SQL, won't let me set a root directory that's higher up the tree on my server than the value of <%admin_root_path%>.

This is a problem, as I want to upload a picture into /pages, which is at the same level as /admin rather than below it.

Can anyone offer any suggestion? I thought that I could specify ../ as the root directory, in order to move up the tree, but FileMan tells me I have used illegal characters.

Rob Schifreen
Quote Reply
Re: [RobSchifreen] Need to set FileMan root directory higher In reply to
Setup > Build Paths > fileman_root_path

...that should be what you are looking for :) Be careful though, cos if your login details are somehow passed out, then you are giving a hacker full access to your site!

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Need to set FileMan root directory higher In reply to
Duh! Thanks Andy! I had assumed that the setting would be in FileMan rather than in Links SQL.

Bit silly to have the main setting in Links SQL, and another option in FileMan's preferences which sort-of does the same thing. One for the wish-list, maybe, to simplify things.

Robert