Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Mysql caching?

Quote Reply
Mysql caching?
Weird problem - I'm using MySQL4. My site is showing records which are not in the database (they've been deleted). If I try to modify the non-existant record in admin, I get the full record in the modify form. If I press 'modify' it says that it can't find the record. If I try to delete the record it says 0 records deleted.

I've just tried repairing the tables with myisamchk but this hasn't helped. I'm assuming it has something to do with mysql cache but I thought this would be cleared if I stopped and started the mysql server.

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Mysql caching? In reply to
Hi,

Hmm, that's very strange. MySQL query cache probably isn't the culprit. Perhaps it's a browser cache caching your search for the record to modify?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Mysql caching? In reply to
Thanks for replying Alex.

I'm not really sure what was going on but I think something was corrupted. In the end I deleted all the keys and added them back in again, repaired the table again and lots of old records reappeared but this time I was able to delete them and the problem seems to have gone I think this might have been caused when my server was turned off last week.

I'm still having some problems with this table - it is taking a long time to insert records so I'm not convinced it is properly fixed yet.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Mysql caching? In reply to
Very strange. Not sure what to suggest, but if you'd like me to take a look, drop me an email with ssh info and how I can see the problem.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.