Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

MySQL 4 & GT Indexing

Quote Reply
MySQL 4 & GT Indexing
Hi,

Wondering if the indexing schema features for Links SQL & GT Forum are different when using mysql 4.0 than what's currently detailed in the product manuals, given version 4.0's enhanced search set.

Thank you.

--------------------------------
Privacy Software
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Hi,

Yes, version 4 has some improved features which should get updated in the manual. MySQL 4 now supports phrase and substring searching. Also, you can now index words that are less then 4 characters (although it requires being able to set a mysql conf option -- may not be possible unless you are on a dedicated). Finally, with our latest MySQL driver, you can also set weights that will affect relevancy (in Gossamer Forum 1.2.0, but not yet in Links SQL).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Can I use the VER4 driver from Gforum 1.2.0 in LSQL 2.1.2? I mean, just copying it will get me the benefits from the aditional features like the relevancy option set with weights right?
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Hi,

Yes, that's all you need to do (and since you are running under mod_perl, if you just load GForum::mod_perl first, that will do the trick as only one set of GT libs will be loaded).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Alex, specificaly what files are we talking about just VER4.pm and that's it?
Quote Reply
Re: [jaltuve] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Hi,

To be on the safe side, I would replace GT/SQL/Search/*.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [BLOOD] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Alex, are you folks going to add this or make this available to lsql users?
Quote Reply
Re: [shrirch] MySQL 4 & GT Indexing In reply to
Alex,

I was refered back to you by Jack. Can you respond on this issue? Are the mysql 4 drivers going to be made available to the LSQL users?