Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Multiple detailed-pages!!!

Quote Reply
Multiple detailed-pages!!!
# Please only try to read this topic if you use a shopping-card or if you have time to think about the complications
# about the combination of linksql and a shopping-card!!

I need to have multiple detailed-pages, because of using a shopping-card.

I want to use static-pages with detailed-pages and a shopping-card.
The "buy now" or "add to shopping-card" -link is on the detailed page, so if a visitor clicks on a "buy"-button he must leave the detailed page to move to the shopping card. Then he can click back to the link pages to continue shopping,
but it makes no sence if he goes back to a detailed-page where is no link back to a category or a search-result.

Javascript-Back-Button on detailed-page does not work. It would bring back to shopping-card!!!!!

Itīs possible (using static-pages) to hardcode a backlink on the detailed-page to bring the visitor back to a category, but I canīt use search.cgi with a hardcoded generated backlinks on static-pages.

The reason would be!!

... using a static detailed-page regular browsing .... and a dynamic detailed-page especially for searches

I could use the hardcoded backlink on the static-pages

and on dynamic-pages I could use a template-global like this <%backlink%>:

sub {
my $referer = $ENV{HTTP_REFERER};
return $referer;
}

--

Is it possible to let searches use another detailed-pages template ???

Please donīt reply with jokes, I know itīs a strange topic :(

Michael

--
Michael Skaide

http://www.cycle24.de

Quote Reply
Re: [Michael Skaide] Multiple detailed-pages!!! In reply to
What about having the shopping cart pop up in a smaller window, showing the list of items the user has, and a button to "check out" or "review cart" which closes the popup and sends the user to the main window with a full-screen view.

This is the _only_ instance where I _would_ like pop ups, since I absolutely _hate_ having to back track to where I was shopping!

I like this _much_ better than using frames, with a list of items in the sidebar, since I dislike frames more than I do pop ups (but they do have uses -- such as the Links Admin).

The other thing you could do is create a tag that is passed that is the referring page. Then allow the user click that, and they essentially reload the page they were on before they went to the shopping cart, and they can continue browsing from there.

PUGDOGïŋ― Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.