Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Ms sql server 2000

Quote Reply
Ms sql server 2000
I install the newest version of links on a dual pentium III , 500 MGs RAM, with mysql and works perfect, but i need it with ms sql server 2000 and i don't have any problems with the installation, but its performance don't even get compared with mysql, its very slow almost unusuable, any ideas of what could be? what can i do to get the best performance of it?

Tnks
fernandot

Quote Reply
Re: Ms sql server 2000 In reply to
Hi,

Is it possible to get PCAnywhere/Terminal Service access and I can see what is slow? Our test NT server doesn't have any problems.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
If you are running SQL Server 2000 in a Windows NT server, then that is probably the problem. I posted a reference in the Perl/CGI about SQL Server 2000 in Windows NT servers about two months ago.

An application testing lab sent M$ a report indicating performance degradation with SQL Server 2000 running in Windows NT servers, which M$ simply ignored the report and I don't know if they have fixed the performance problems.

I believe that SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2000 servers run just fine.

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Tnks alex, sure i can install PcAnywhere so you can have access to my server, but first we are going to make a test with M$ windows 2000, just to ensure that isnt a problem of windows/M$ sql server and not of links, any way if i get any problems, i will ask you some help.

Tnks Eliot, i really thing that you are right, almost all M$ software have performance problems.

Tnks
fernandot