Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Moving servers...

Quote Reply
Moving servers...
I am moving servers this weekend and the new server I am moving to has different path's than the old server. I gzip'ed my entire /cgi-bin/ and moved it over, and then I changed all the path's to the correct ones in ConfigData, but when I try and access the Admin, I still get the following error:

Links::Config (3481): Unable to load '[OLD_PATH]/cgi-bin/admin/Links/ConfigData.pm': No such file or directory. at Links.pm line 66.

Apparently, there is still an old path somewhere. Where would this old path be, and how do I change it? Is it in the MySQL db?

I would def appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Adam
--------------------
Scripts - Powered by Links-SQL
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] Moving servers... In reply to
god.... finally I figured it out.

There are two paths which need to be changed in "cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi". Then it works magically. Funny
--------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SkuZZy] Moving servers... In reply to
I wish GT would come up with some kinda script that will update the paths for you, cos its a bitch updating all the files manually Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Moving servers... In reply to
I just wish someone would have told me. How hard would it be to put a simple manual up for "moving servers"? For those like me who are wondering.... if you're changing servers and the new server has different paths, then after you have gzipped your whole cgi-bin and moved it over, you need to change the paths in all the cgi files in the /cgi-bin/ and /cgi-bin/admin/ directories to reflect the new paths, and, if neccisariy, the new perl paths also. It's that easy.
--------------------