Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Modifying category styles

Quote Reply
Modifying category styles
I'd like to modify the font face and disposition of the text shown in the home.html view of my index. Am I right in thinking this has to be done in one of the cgi scripts (there does not appear to be an include file which contains formatting for the categories that I can find)?

I'm sure someone has been there and done this before so any pointers would be very helpful. The style I would most like to amend is the "default" version.

On another point is it possible to entirely remove the "new" labels that appear. I don't really want them.

Hope someone can answer these question and TIA if you can

Smokey
Quote Reply
Re: [biglouis] Modifying category styles In reply to
In home.html just wrap the <%category%> tag with font tags or edit subcategory.html.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Dec 10, 2001, 2:39 PM
Quote Reply
you can modify the subcategory.html in the admin panel for the spacing of the categories & removing the "new" from the pages.

Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Modifying category styles In reply to
Thanks to both respondents - seems obvious really but I just couldn't work it out!

Last edited by:

biglouis: Dec 11, 2001, 12:55 AM
Quote Reply
You can modify the text display with style sheets. You can include a different CSS for every page instead of linking to an external one, or both. If you want the home.html to display differently from the rest just include the modified CSS on the page (without linking to external CSS) Am I being clear? It's early and I'm still half asleep.
You can define this CSS with another global, hardcode it, or link to it. It's really quite easy.