Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Macintosh Internet Explorer 5 problem

Quote Reply
Macintosh Internet Explorer 5 problem
I have problems using Macintosh Internet Explorer version 5 with the new Browse-window of Links SQL v.2.0. I don't get anything else than the folder picture for Home-folder. Not even the arrowhead to the left of the folder shows up. When I try to click the folder, nothing happens. In Netscape 4.7 on Mac this works OK.

Lauri Parikka

Quote Reply
Re: Macintosh Internet Explorer 5 problem In reply to
I have found the same problem with Explorer 5 on the mac. Here is another bug that I have found:

Netscape 6 for mac, displays the folders correctly when you are browsing, but the frame containing them refuses to scroll. I went in and changed the HTML code of browse.html to scrollbar= "yes" and it had no effect. This makes the browser not very usable with Netscape 6.

I switched to Netscape 4.75 for the mac and it works fine.

Quote Reply
Hi,

We are still investigating this one, if you ever come across a Javascript error in either browser please do let us know so we can help debug this (as I don't have access to a Mac).

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
I have had the same problem. Also I have found the IE5 shows junk characters in the category pull down menu. I am using Netscape 6 which seems to work fine for the cats pulldown and the majority of admin functions but it does not scroll in the browse window,BUT if you click with the mouse hold down and drag down the browse menu you can acces all your folders..

knewt

Quote Reply
This is still broken in 2.0.4 version. The left browse tree doesn't build up at all. I only see the home-folder without any arrowheads or any other folders.

Please could someone help and fix this?

Lauri

Quote Reply
Hehe,

glad to see other Mac users in the forums.

Umm, what system are you folks on?

I'm on 10.0.3 (yup, gone bsd -- makes developement nice)
if you are on the same sys, you might wanna try the little but can-do iCab. Haven't played with the new Omni 4.01 or explorer 5.1.1 since I'm still having fun with version 2.0.4.

explorer is still flakey and would rather see the errors that iCab puts out in a window for you, I think that Omniweb is the same but waiting for it to load is a pain at times.

iCab doesn't give any problems except for trying to edit a template with the built GT editor, it shows me but it stops at that. bummer, but then again -- hehe but still prefer a bbEdit / Dreamweaver combo.

It seems that the java support is still limited in the browsers.

OH well, if you haven't done it yet, I really do suggest up-grading to OS X, it's apain at first but then benefits of working on web things is nice.