Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Luna CSS disappearing left column

Quote Reply
Luna CSS disappearing left column
http://coolpetsites.com/cgi-bin/page.cgi?d=1

soemtimes left column is there, sometimes it's not. Mostly on first click it isn't, then it reappears on refresh or next click. Sometimes resizing the window makes it show up, sometimes it doesn't. Same issue appears in dynamic and static mode.

Yeah, I am aware of the issue with the yahoocats not working. Haven't rebuilt the live site yet...
Quote Reply
Re: [loxly] Luna CSS disappearing left column In reply to
It's an IE bug - it's fine in other browsers. However, I'm trying to remember what can cause such problems. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Adrian
Quote Reply
I hope this isn't the cause of it, but try it anyways (IE does do strange things all the time). Edit luna_core.css, and remove the rule #leftsidebar { display: none; }.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Luna CSS disappearing left column In reply to
nope, didn't help
Quote Reply
How many categories have you got displaying?

I found a problem where things disappear if there are only 2 categories- a missing </dt> or </dl> tag in the main body of text if I remember correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Luna CSS disappearing left column In reply to
There are a lot more than 2 categories, if you take a look.

This was solved by someone else in a way that you wouldn't recommend and it points to the fact that their is something in the luna_core that is causing the problem. She couldn't get things to work properly so she copied luna_core.css to luna.css, made her changes in luna.css, then deleted all the contents of luna_core.css leaving an empty file. Now she has a 3 column layout that works in all browsers.

I would prefer that we find the problem and eliminate it from luna_core.css so that if there are future upgrades sites don't break.
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Luna CSS disappearing left column In reply to
In Reply To:
It's an IE bug - it's fine in other browsers. However, I'm trying to remember what can cause such problems. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Anything yet?