Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links import issue - Detailed / Pages not building with the links

Quote Reply
Links import issue - Detailed / Pages not building with the links
Good morning,

I have a problem with doing a build now that i've added several thousand links in manually.

Basicly, what i've done is i've put a csv of entries into _links table, and did a match up of the category table (which was built manually via admin panel) and inserted the id's of both if theres a match.

Obviously some entries didnt have a match but I can manually deal witht hem later while shifting through any orphaned links which there are about 70.

Now the problem is, on the _links table i've added several new columns outside of the admin panel. And these links weren't inserted via the admin panel, they were sql dumped in, repaired table / sync the db structure etc.

The problem is, it echo's out a fatal call because there isn't a category id error etc.

Not sure what i'm doing wrong, there is definately matches in the relationship table because i've checked several of them. How i got the relationship table populate with the category / link id's is via a php execution to do the match and insert if theres a match which it has done several thousand missing just a few.

I've also tried doing a mass repopulation of all orphaned links to a known top level category to see if it was indeed the orphaned links causing the error below, but however the error still remains.

The strange part is, that while doing the straggered build, it builds some detailed links but very very few. And the other odd thing is while building the static pages it doesn't echo out any numbers while building as if theres no links there at all. Through on the front end they exist as well as existing in the browse bothin the admin panel and in the database it self. In the database however the population of the overview says theres 10 rows when there is really over 4000 whichis also odd, i've tried reimporting the data several times, and as the data shows up fine on my local test database there msut be something else going wrong here.

Any ideas how I can solve this? any scripts you guys got laying around that could perhaps help me in importing a csv / tab / xml set of data into the links table and cross reference it against the category table that might perhaps be more secure / reliable than my own?

Or any ideas at all appreciated.

Cheers

Error it outputs is:
---------------------------------------------------------------

Building HTML Pages: Building Detailed Pages: Page 5 of 9
Building HTML Pages: Building Detailed Pages: Page 5 of 9
Links SQL is now updating your detailed pages.

Started at Mon Aug 28 03:41:42 2006.
Building Detailed pages ...
A fatal error has occured:GT::Template (5890): Unable to run compiled template file '/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled'. Reason: $@: syntax error at /templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 406, near "() "
(Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 400)
syntax error at /templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 419, near "() "
(Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 413)
syntax error at /templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 425, near "}"
(Might be a runaway multi-line {} string starting on line 423)
. $!: at /admin/Links.pm line 292.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (5890): Links::environment called at /admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.
Links (5890): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 362 with arguments
(GT::Template (5890): Unable to run compiled template file '/admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled'. Reason: $@: syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 406, near "() "
syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 419, near "() "
syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 425, near "}"
. $!: at /admin/Links.pm line 292.
).
Links (5890): GT::Base::error called at /admin/GT/Template.pm line 459 with arguments
(GT::Template=HASH(0x87fac3c), CANTRUN, FATAL, /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled, $@: syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 406, near "() "
syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 419, near "() "
syntax error at /admin/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled line 425, near "}"
. $!: ).
Links (5890): GT::Template::load_template called at /admin/GT/Template.pm line 93 with arguments
(GT::Template=HASH(0x87fac3c), detailed.html, [undef]).
Links (5890): GT::Template::parse called at /admin/Links.pm line 292 with arguments
(GT::Template, detailed.html, ARRAY(0x833ff40), HASH(0x833fef8)).
Links (5890): Links::user_page called at /admin/Links/SiteHTML.pm line 100 with arguments
(detailed.html, HASH(0x833eaa0), HASH(0x833fef8)).
Links (5890): Links::SiteHTML::site_html_detailed called at /admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x833eaa0), [undef]).
Links (5890): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /admin/Links/SiteHTML.pm line 28 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /admin/Plugins, site_html_detailed, *Links::SiteHTML::site_html_detailed, HASH(0x833eaa0), [undef]).
Links (5890): Links::SiteHTML::display called at Links::Build::build_detailed line 57 with arguments
(detailed, HASH(0x833eaa0)).
Links (5890): Links::Build::build_detailed called at /admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x87592ec)).
Links (5890): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /admin/Plugins, build_detailed, *Links::Build::build_detailed, HASH(0x87592ec)).
Links (5890): Links::Build::build called at nph-build.cgi line 523 with arguments
(detailed, HASH(0x87592ec)).
Links (5890): main::_build_detailed called at /admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x8557774)).
Links (5890): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at nph-build.cgi line 190 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /admin/Plugins, create_detailed_staggered, CODE(0x826f2f0), HASH(0x8557774)).
Links (5890): main::build_staggered called at nph-build.cgi line 41 with no arguments.
Links (5890): main::main called at nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.
Quote Reply
Re: [ryanv2] Links import issue - Detailed / Pages not building with the links In reply to
The error log is showing a problem with the compiled template.

1) Delete the following file:

Code:
/templates/default/compiled/detailed.html.compiled

2) Try building again.

If it persists:

3) backup any changes you made to detailed.html (should be in /templates/default/local) and restore the template to the default.

4) Try building again.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Links import issue - Detailed / Pages not building with the links In reply to
Hiya, cheers for the reply,

Just tried the above and that error appears to have gone away but now only this one remains (several times)

It is building some detailed pages, but only very very few. And it's now showing any link coutn while building the pages out. Through the link count is correct on the html outputted front end, and links show on the html front end. Just can't use any of the new column variables.

See below i says Table(860), i've checked that everywhere in the sql / categories / links / relationship table etc can't find that anywhere

Started at Mon Aug 28 12:33:01 2006.
Building Detailed pages ...
A fatal error has occured:GT::SQL::Table (860): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Must pass category id to template_set at //admin/Links/Category.pm line 307.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (860): Links::environment called at ..../admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.
Links (860): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::error line 362 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Table (860): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Must pass category id to template_set at ....//admin/Links/Category.pm line 307.
).
Links (860): GT::Base::error called at ..../admin/Links/Category.pm line 307 with arguments
(Links::Category=HASH(0x8565340), BADARGS, FATAL, Must pass category id to template_set).
Links (860): Links::Category::template_set called at Links::Build::build_detailed line 55 with arguments
(Links::Category=HASH(0x8565340), [undef]).
Links (860): Links::Build::build_detailed called at ..../admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x8757e60)).
Links (860): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at ....//admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, //admin/Plugins, build_detailed, *Links::Build::build_detailed, HASH(0x8757e60)).
Links (860): Links::Build::build called at nph-build.cgi line 523 with arguments
(detailed, HASH(0x8757e60)).
Links (860): main::_build_detailed called at ....//admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments