Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL vs. Links Extended

Quote Reply
Links SQL vs. Links Extended
Okay, now I'm really confused. I didn't even know a Links Extended existed until today! This is the SAME GT Links 2.0 with some additional features, isn't it?

Look here:

http://www.mycgiscripts.com/linksmod.html#sponsor

This looks like it might be something actually closer to what I'm looking for in a complete package, compared to regular Links and Links SQL.

Anyone want to tell me why I should STILL shell out a couple hundred extra for Links SQL? Shocked
Quote Reply
Re: [imno007] Links SQL vs. Links Extended In reply to
<Stay away from mycgiscripts.com>

Don't be tempted to buy from them.

http://gossamer-threads.com/...mycgiscripts;#244817

With Links2 you'll run out of capacity at about 3,000 links - Links SQL can't handle hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 12, 2003, 9:30 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [imno007] Links SQL vs. Links Extended In reply to
All that is is a pre-modified Links 2.0 (non SQL) version.

Read the posts here about the benefits of SQL.

This has been discussed several times. All the info you need is already here in this forum.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Links SQL vs. Links Extended In reply to
>>>Links SQL can't handle hundreds of thousands, if not millions. <<<

I take it you mean can, not can't Wink

As Paul said....stay away from mycgiscripts.com. Support is aweful, and you willend up just coming here. Also, Links SQL is a million times better than an 'enhanced' (i say that carefully) version of Links 2.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL vs. Links Extended In reply to
Okay, all, thanks. I guess that's about the way I figured it, but just wanted some reassurances. :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links SQL vs. Links Extended In reply to
Quote:
you willend up just coming here
He has exactly the same right to come here, as any other registered user, since Links Extended user also buys Links 2.0 registration...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...