Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links SQL Crashing Server

Quote Reply
Links SQL Crashing Server
Two weeks, ago Links SQL began crashing the server. Today, I figured out it was Links SQL, not the server. I did a reinstall, then rebuilt. - SEGMENTATION FAULT - crash. Then, I did it again - crash. It was crashing in the same place - building the same detailed page. I found out that there were two records with the same ID. I deleted them, and it works fine. Now it's crashed, only in a different detailed page. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Why would it be crashing the server?

account deleted
Quote Reply
Re: [dragonface] Links SQL Crashing Server In reply to
hmm... that's really weird since the ID column is a primary key that's auto_incremented. I don't see how duplicate ID's could have been created since mysql won't allow you to do so.
Quote:
mysql> INSERT INTO links_Links (ID, Title) VALUES (225829, 'foo');
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> INSERT INTO links_Links (ID, Title) VALUES (225829, 'foo');
ERROR 1062: Duplicate entry '225829' for key 1
Although as with all computer stuff, weird things can happen... Maybe Alex might have a little more insight into this.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [dragonface] Links SQL Crashing Server In reply to
Hi,

A segmentation fault/core dump usually indicates server issues. Things like: bad memory, disk full, server resources, etc.

You may also want to look at your SQL tables. Do a myisamchk -r on all your tables to make sure they are ok. A strange table error could cause a segmentation fault, but it's pretty rare.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Links SQL Crashing Server In reply to
I think that's the case. It segfaulted on an isamchk which proves it can't be links sql alone. I think anything that goes slightly wrong will put up an error PiratePiratePiratePirate
account deleted