Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

LinksSQL 2.0

Quote Reply
LinksSQL 2.0
I have a current website http://www.picturepoll.com/ It is using PHP and MySQL currently. It is becoming very hard to manage now and getting a little slow due to code (I would guess). Can someone tell me if I should use LinksSQL to convert this website. I have used LinksSQL 1.13 before but I am not a CGI programmer. It would not be a links site but a profile generated website. Just like having detailed webpages I guess. Also I have a current messaging system but I was thinking I could integrate GT Mail to handle this section and that would mean that users would also have an e-mail address. I currently am using MySQL for the database but I am thinking of re writing the website again or using LinksSQL to have a rock solid website. Can I have people's opinions on this topic?

Thanks
Jason

Quote Reply
Re: LinksSQL 2.0 In reply to
LINKS SQL 2.0 is A LOT more user friendly than the earlier versions. It is totally web-based and if you want to make changes, you don't have to go "under the hood" to make major changes. It is a lot easier to configure.

In addition, there are added features, like the category browser, for larger directories to help to manage a lot of data.

To sum up, yes, it would be a good idea to upgrade.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: LinksSQL 2.0 In reply to
Hi,

Are you on a dedicated server? If so, I'd highly recommend mod_perl + Links SQL. You will see a big performance improvement.

Also, with Links SQL 2, you can do most of the changes you need to do from the Admin, there isn't any cod eyou would need to edit.

Hope this helps,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.