Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template

Quote Reply
Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template
Hi,

I'm using links as cms and have two templates for each language and have set a Category_Template field for two main categories which contains content for each language.

My problem is when using rewrite rules and not pass t parameter, glinks does not use Category_Template for language.txt it loads language file from default template.

Has anyone spotted this problem before?

p.s. I'm using 3.2.0

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template In reply to
Which templates is it not inheriting on?

I use category templates with the multilanguage plugin and don't have any problem so I wonder if it is your re-write rules that are at fault?
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template In reply to
Quote:
... I wonder if it is your re-write rules that are at fault?
I don't think so :)

Rewrite rules are used to make site looks like static at entry point ... nothing special.

As for templates, as I mentioned i have two template sets for two categories: categories bg and en have respectively Column Category_Template set to bg and en.

So in that case when users enters category en glinks must serve pages with template en. The problem is when it uses English template for the html but not for the language. I still have Bulgarian language values for the English template (because bulgarian is set for default in Setup).

Even without rewrite rules in dynamic mode glinks does not use the Category_Template field when parsing language.txt from templates. Frown

Cheers,
Boris

Facebook, Twitter and Google+ Auth for GLinks and GCommunity | reCAPTCHA for GLinks | Free GLinks Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [eupos] Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template In reply to
OK, I think I understand now.

I don't use the category template field...
I just use the t=en or equivalent to call the correct template set.

Have you setup a language file for the bg template set?

If you want to see how my site works please send a pm.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template In reply to
Yes, everything is in place. I have right files for both languages(template sets) but glinks still pulls language data from default one (bg in my case).

Cheers,
Boris

Quote Reply
I just took a look at the code for this and the way things are structured currently, it's impossible to fix without a rewrite. The reason is that a lot of the content is generated before the template set is switched over to the Category_Template.

A possible solution is to pass t=template_set around instead. This may or may not work for you.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Links::language does not inherits from Category_Template In reply to
Thanks Adrian,

I managed it to work with rewrite rules and few hooks :)

I Love GLinks Cool

Cheers,
Boris