Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Linked Title on Detailed Page (Beta)

Quote Reply
Linked Title on Detailed Page (Beta)
Hi,

I'm having issues getting the linked title (bread crumb) to appear on the detailed page when I use detail_page.cgi. I do get the linked title on a dynamically generated page that uses page.cgi.
Also both with or without using the detail_page.cgi script I get a Status equal to zero on a detailed page with a GT Dump. I want to be able to check whether a user is registered or not...

Does anyone have an idea whether I'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks, John
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Mar 23, 2005, 4:47 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Linked Title on Detailed Page (Beta) In reply to
detail_page.cgi? Is that from a plugin?

In Reply To:
Also both with or without using the detail_page.cgi script I get a Status equal to zero on a detailed page with a GT Dump.
The Status column from the Link table? That column isn't touched in the detailed code, so it should be whatever's in the database.

In Reply To:
I want to be able to check whether a user is registered or not...
Status column for the user then? Status was probably overwritten by the Status column of the link. However, you can still access the current user's Status through the <%user%> hash.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Linked Title on Detailed Page (Beta) In reply to
Quote:
Status column for the user then? Status was probably overwritten by the Status column of the link. However, you can still access the current user's Status through the <%user%> hash.

<%user.Status%>

??? Still learning this new template system myself =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Linked Title on Detailed Page (Beta) In reply to
Yup. Remember to take a look at the GT::Template::Tutorial docs. Jason's updated quite a bit of it.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Wicked, will do :) Only realised you could use sub-hash references with <%hash.value%> ... very cool <G> Will certainly make it easier for plugins, as I can just assign things like;

myfaves.count
myfaves.links
myfaves.num_pages

... should make templates a lot cleaner. Once again, good job Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Adrian,

Thanks for clarifying that I was getting mixed up with the registered status of the user and the link. And I also hadn't understood the principle of the user hash code really so thanks Andy and Adrian for pointing that out. I'll take a look at the docs...

John
Significant Media