Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link properties

Quote Reply
Link properties
Hi,

I want to do two things:

ONE: Want more fields in the 'add resource' page like author,version etc How to do that?

TWO: How to integrate this data in to the database? I have to create a new column after going to Link properties. Is this correct?

Thanks,

hegu
Quote Reply
Re: [hegu] Link properties In reply to
Hi,

For creating fields for money and versions can i use 'Decimal' type OR CHAR type?

I can create the field in admin area and change the type in Mysqlman? (because in admin area there is no 'Decimal' in the drop down list)

Thanks.

Last edited by:

hegu: Apr 13, 2003, 7:27 PM
Quote Reply
I think you use the type FLOAT. You may need to tweak the column properties in MySQLman after you create the field, to keep only 2 decimals, but you might be able to do that in the Admin as well. I can't access an admin page here, but the Ratings are a 2-decimal type of Float.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Link properties In reply to
Thanks.Smile

One more doubt. If the data that is entered by the visitor is either letters or numbers or decimals, what type i have to keep? CHAR? Like he can enter either Freeware,shareware or $30.00 in the text area.
Quote Reply
Use two fields. One for the money/cost, and one for freeware/shareware/demo/commercial/other

Use a drop down list for the the "type" and an ENUM field in the database.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.