Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Link Properties order for admin view

Quote Reply
Link Properties order for admin view
I was wondering if anyone know what would be the best way of changing Order of link properties within admin view for adding/editing/validating.. etc for any link.

I am aware of the fact that it can be done by editing pos field in lsql_Links.def however it autoupdates itself every time I Resync Database & the whole thing starts looking ugly again.

Does anyone know of a proper solution, as right now the only thing I can think of is doing a whole new install & then creating all fields again in the order required .. but I am hoping that there will be some way to avoid the messy process.

P.S. When is Resync Database really required to do? (I normally do it while repairing the table)..

Thanks for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Link Properties order for admin view In reply to
Some previous discussions:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=264468#264468

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=276190#276190

Resync database is only required if you modify something outside the admin panel - e.g. in mysqlman. You need to resync to pick up the changes.
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Link Properties order for admin view In reply to
Hello Laura,

Thank you for the helpful reply.

I am not sure if at this time I feel confident enough to work with updating little over 100 fields, individually in mysql interface.

I wish if there was a feature within GLinks where admin can easily sort order for these fields, I am sure it would make life of many admin's much more easier.

P.S.. thanks for the resync information. I never really work with mysqlman.. so I assume I can live without having to resync and have the format appear in order set by pos # in links.def file.

Thank you again.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------