Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

LSQL 2.1.2 dies on build - unknown method add_reviews

Quote Reply
LSQL 2.1.2 dies on build - unknown method add_reviews
Hi all,

I am having trouble getting LSQL 2.1.2 to run. I have installed LSQL a hundred times on different machines, but the 2.1.2 just dies on me.
I have a standard setup on a Linux box, everything seems to work fine except that when I tried to build all, the process dies on the Cool Page and returns:
unknown method: add_reviews called at Links::Build::build_cool line 48.

I have not changed anything in the code from the distribution, I have three plugins (subcat, cache, one more) that should not affect the build.

Any ideas ?! Here´s the stack trace:

Building What's Cool Index ... A fatal error has occured:GT::SQL::Table (8609): Unknown method 'add_reviews' called at Links::Build::build_cool line 48.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Stack Trace
======================================
Links (8609): Links::environment called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/Links.pm line 431 with no arguments.
Links (8609): Links::fatal called at GT::Base::_generate_fatal line 694 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Table (8609): Unknown method 'add_reviews' called at Links::Build::build_cool line 48.
).
Links (8609): GT::Base::_generate_fatal called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/GT/Base.pm line 140 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x847a4b4), add_reviews, ARRAY(0x848e1c4)).
Links (8609): GT::Base::_AUTOLOAD called at Links::Build::build_cool line 48 with arguments
(GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x847a4b4), ARRAY(0x848e1c4)).
Links (8609): Links::Build::build_cool called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x84af130)).
Links (8609): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/Plugins, build_cool, *Links::Build::build_cool, HASH(0x84af130)).
Links (8609): Links::Build::build called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi line 429 with arguments
(cool, HASH(0x84af130)).
Links (8609): main::_build_cool called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with arguments
(HASH(0x84af100)).
Links (8609): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi line 82 with arguments
(GT::Plugins, /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/Plugins, create_cool, CODE(0x82711e4), HASH(0x84af100)).
Links (8609): main::build_all called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi line 43 with no arguments.
Links (8609): main::main called at /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi line 30 with no arguments.

System Information
Perl Version: 5.006001
Links SQL Version: 2.1.2
DBI.pm Version: 1.32
Persistant Env: mod_perl (0) SpeedyCGI (0)
@INC =
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i586-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl

CGI INPUT
do => all

ENVIRONMENT
DOCUMENT_ROOT => /usr/local/apache/htdocs
GATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1
GT_TMPDIR => /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/tmp
HTTP_ACCEPT => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => de
HTTP_CONNECTION => Keep-Alive
HTTP_HOST => fastrun1.aon.at
HTTP_REFERER => http://fastrun1.aon.at/cgi-bin/aon/admin/admin.cgi?page=build_nav.html
HTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)
PATH => /sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/gnome/bin:/opt/kde3/bin:/usr/lib/java/bin
QUERY_STRING => do=all
REMOTE_ADDR => 213.33.2.52
REMOTE_PORT => 1725
REQUEST_METHOD => GET
REQUEST_URI => /cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi?do=all
SCRIPT_FILENAME => /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME => /cgi-bin/aon/admin/nph-build.cgi
SERVER_ADDR => 213.33.74.21
SERVER_ADMIN => azrim@fastrun.at
SERVER_NAME => 213.33.74.21
SERVER_PORT => 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SIGNATURE => Apache/1.3.12 Server at 213.33.74.21 Port 80

SERVER_SOFTWARE => Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/4.0.2 mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a
UNIQUE_ID => PidDWdUhShUAAAuMDHs
Quote Reply
BTW- Happens on fresh install and empty DB, too ! In reply to

Quote Reply
Re: [mongoman] BTW- Happens on fresh install and empty DB, too ! In reply to
Mongoman did you solve this problem? I'm having a similar problem with a method not being loaded (altough is THERE!!!) so my only guess is that it is a bug with my Perl version.
Quote Reply
Re: [mongoman] LSQL 2.1.2 dies on build - unknown method add_reviews In reply to
Oh dear... 7 years later I'm also having this issue. What now? If you are still here, did you manage to solve it?

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.
Quote Reply
Re: [EZFrag] LSQL 2.1.2 dies on build - unknown method add_reviews In reply to
I'd suggest emailing support@gossamer-threads.com, to see if they can help :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] LSQL 2.1.2 dies on build - unknown method add_reviews In reply to
I managed to figure out what caused my misery. It was due to the fact that I manually created/modified .def files. I missed a couple of table names that should have been renamed. I think, as a result, in the end the modules tried to create a table object for that table, but couldn't find the table in the database. In this case, it didn't die with an error or something like that. It just didn't create the object and its methods. So when you try to access the methods, they don't exist, because the object doesn't exist.

As for the tables names in the def files I forgot to rename, they were in the "fk" and "fk_table" sections. I named them appropriately and then everything worked well again ^_^

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.