Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0

Quote Reply
LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0
we imported from link2.0 old version to link sql 3.0 version we got this errorr

WARNING: Unable to execute query `INSERT INTO glinks_Users (Username, Email, Name, ReceiveMail, Newsletter, Status) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, 'Registered')': Unknown column 'Newsletter' in 'field list'

this has been repreated for each users
what is this
Quote Reply
Re: [megri] LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0 In reply to
Another Error

when we click on button

validate links it gives the following error

A fatal error has occured:

Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/cgi-bin/link3/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 850.
Quote Reply
We'll have to get the import fixed up. That's happening because we dropped the Newsletter column in 3.0.0.

Adrian
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/httpd/vhosts/domain.com/cgi-bin/link3/admin/Links/Tools.pm line 850.
Can you check to see that you have an 'admin' user in your database? It's most likely the 'admin' user somehow got deleted from your database.

If the admin user doesn't exist, try adding a user with the following information:
Username: admin
Password: some random password
Email: your@email.com

Adrian
Quote Reply
Try using replacing the your admin/Links/Import/L2S2.pm with the one attached.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0 In reply to
I imported the data again it is successful with no error even the validated link is also working

Great work you have done

I have another unique problem when I imported it has changed the ID number of links which has great problem for me.

1. I was building detain pages in link2.0 and the ID which are going at presents is some where 21000 and so on and all pages with ID like 21234.htm ,21342.html are there and ranking on search engine
2. Now If I build with link 3.0. 0 there ID has changed and they all will be new pages with like 6234.html or like that
3. Previously link owner has already linked there detail page with there sites Now there id will change and there detail page URL will also change
4. Why the ID has not reamin the same while importing from old link2.0 standard

Last edited by:

megri: Apr 15, 2005, 9:16 PM
Quote Reply
I am waiting for the reply or should i go to support department for this
Quote Reply
I am waiting for soloution
Quote Reply
Not sure if this is related to the problem but here goes.....

Put in a clean install and used Ultranerds Dmoz import wizard. Worked mostly. Screwed up a bit by not importing some sub cats - if it did they went walkabout. The next problem was that the links count was all out of whack, the categories showed nothing, some showed some or none but mostly incorect. Certain subcats showed the same thing.

Appears we are dealing with simple maths problems here guys. Methinks the issues are related but hey, it is something of a beta shakedown and congrats, ver 3 looks real good.

Every faith that it will be sorted.

To others who appear to be having problems, I think all your correct details will appear once the issues are sorted. Thats my two bob's worth and my observations.
Quote Reply
Re: [Gypsypup] LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0 In reply to
My problem is only change in ID number after converting from link2.0 standard to link sql 3.0
How to keep the same ID as we have detail pages with same id's

Last edited by:

megri: Apr 18, 2005, 3:22 AM
Quote Reply
As I remember, there is a Strict option on import page. This controls to have the same IDs.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] LInk Import from Link 2.0 to sql 3.0 In reply to
yes it is

"Straight import" option:

I got it done