Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is this possible for Link Status?

Quote Reply
Is this possible for Link Status?
I was wondering if there is any way for links with 404 link status to be removed from the search results... I have several links that have merely moved to a new location and it will take me a while to go through to recheck and update them. Therefore, I don't want to remove them from completely from the database, I'd just like a quick and easy way for them to be excluded from search results and from being built into the cat pages. I was hoping there was already and option out there to do this. If not, I was thinking I would have to go manually change all these to "No" for validated.

Thank you for any ideas you may have. :)
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] Is this possible for Link Status? In reply to
If this isn't possible, does anyone know the proper SQL command to change isValidated to 'No' for records with Status > 302 or = 404?
Quote Reply
Re: [AtoZ] Is this possible for Link Status? In reply to
Hi,

You could try;

SELECT * FROM lsql_Links WHERE Status > 302 OR Status = 404;

...then;

UPDATE lsql_Links SET isValidated = 'No' WHERE Status > 302 OR Status = 404;

Untested ...but should work (please make a backup of your database first, just in case!).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Is this possible for Link Status? In reply to
Thanks Andy! I'll try that next time. I finally gave up trying to figure it out (was browsing threads for SQL commands for a while), so it ended up being faster to go ahead and change them all manually. Shocked

After thinking about this, it would make sense that 404 status links should be treated like links that aren't validated anyway. Shouldn't that be a default feature--to not include 404 status links in search results or builds?? What is the purpose of them being included anyway? It should be just as easy to do this as it would be to exclude links where isValidated=No.

Just a thought!