Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is this possible...

Quote Reply
Is this possible...
Hi all just wondering if this is possible.....

I am running 2 main catogories

Comapnies & Products.... each has its own sub catagories, what i am trying to do is turn write reviews and rate on, in the companies cat and turn them of in the product cat.

So people can rate and review only for companies and not for products.
As i am not that great with creating globals, would this be only implementable via a global or say the tags <if> <if not> if you know what i mean.

Thanks in advance

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Is this possible... In reply to
Try sticking this around your link...

<%if category_Name == 'Comapnies & Products' %>LINK <%endif%>

I think category_Name is right, otherwise it could just be Name. That'll make it appear if the category name is Comapnies & Products, and disappear if it's not. You could also use the category id, so then if you change the name it won't affect the way it works.

BUT, that won't work for sub categories below that. I'm not sure if you can do this <%if category_Name == 'Comapnies & Products%' %> as it might break the tag.

Might be one for the guys at GT. :)

regan.

Last edited by:

ryel01: Feb 28, 2002, 2:40 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [ryel01] Is this possible... In reply to
Hi Regan

Thanks for the reply, it seems a lot of people are not reply to help post latley.

Anyway i see where you are going with that code, but theres a problem and that is i have sub cats under each main cats so i can't pass the name or id through (i thinkUnsure)

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Is this possible... In reply to
Another thing to try is make that category use a different template. It's just of the options you've got when making the categories - probably your best bet.

Just duplicate your category template, one has the link and one doesn't - assign them accordingly.

cheers,
regan.