Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information

Quote Reply
Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information
I was wondering if it was possible to have non template page get displayed via GLinks along with listing information. Currently I am using format like domain.com/cgi/page.cgi?p=pagename however it would be wonderful if I can have such page for each listing. I tried using domain.com/cgi/page.cgi?p=pagename;ID=1234 .. etc.. but with no success.

Does anyone know how this can be done.

Thank you for the help.

Vishal

Vishal
-------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information In reply to
The way you've described should work. In what way does it not work? Are you using a global to pull the information you want to show?
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information In reply to
I tried it without any however it does not seem to work.

For testing I used certani tags on the site where it inserts ID of the listing. For example Listing ID #. When I try above URL, it does display proper Listing ID # on the output page, however for "Title" field it says "Unknown Tag Title" and similar error for other fields.

Vishal

Vishal

Last edited by:

SWDevil.Com: May 17, 2006, 3:43 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [SWDevil.Com] Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information In reply to
The only tag that will automatically be available will be the ID tag as you are passing that in through the url. To get the rest of the fields you will need a global (I think there may also be a template tag to load the link tags but I can't remember what it is off the top of my head).

global called get_link_tags:

sub {
my $id=shift;
my $table = $DB->table('Links');
my $link = $table->select({ID=>$id})->fetchrow_hashref;
return {%$link};
}

<%get_link_tags($ID)%>

Last edited by:

afinlr: May 17, 2006, 3:50 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Is it Possible? :: Non Template Page with Listing Information In reply to
Yeah, you are right, it works like a charm :)

Thanks again.

Vishal

Vishal