Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Internal link relationships for rating purposes

Quote Reply
Internal link relationships for rating purposes
Is there a way to create an internal relationship between links to create a "google" type search function?
For example, put 2 links into the database. These are your primary links.
Add additional links into the database that have links to the previous 2 primary links.
The primary link with the highest number of links pointing to it will place higher in the search results than the other one.

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] Internal link relationships for rating purposes In reply to
Any one have any thoughts on this?
The reason I ask, is I have a client that is getting tired of having to pay $299 from Yah## and more from various other search engines to have URLS added into the database and wants to create his own. The idea is to create (and I know what you're thinking) a new search engine/directory that is based on the 1990's business model of being free for submission.

Want to use Linksql as the user interface, with oracle as the database. Currently has the following setup planned for hardware on startup, will change as needs grow: 4 raided Intel Pentium 4 3.06 GHz servers with 1gb ram per, running RHE with apache. 2 - 80 gb h-drives per machine. 2 will run the database, one for the link program, one for backup/admin.

Will populate based off dmoz, and spider from there.
One of the things that will make this workable is the ability to have a unique search alogrithm, otherwise, it's just another links/dmoz installation on steroids.

Any suggestions or ideas on the search alogrithm??

</not a clue>