Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Install
Alex,

Is there a way/Would it be possible to......

When installing the product, there should be a flag that can be set to just update the scripts, and not install the templates or other things that overwrite def files, etc. Understanding that while we're in Beta, where things are changing still, it's a hassle to back up the templates and then run the install, then reset the variables.

Keep up the great work Gang!!

Lance Rasmussen
Bowlingzone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Install In reply to
Hi,

This is already done in the current version. If you install into a directory that already contains a copy of Links SQL, you can:

1. Overwrite everything
2. Overwrite all except for user templates and config files (plugin and Links SQL)
3. Overwrite all except for config files.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Dohhhhhhhhh.

It would help if I install in the same directory. I had been installing in seperate directories to make sure the install works ok, and to keep clean directories.

Works like a charm.

I did have an interesting thing happen tho.

After installing into the same place and answering NO to Templates and DEF's, and YES to CGI, it worked great. I went to the ADMIN area and it said I hadn't protected the Admin directory. I double-checked and the .htaccess and .htpasswd were still in the directory. I went ahead and entered my previous info. And it's fine. Ideas?

Lance Rasmussen
Bowlingzone.com

Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks, I've added the .htacces and .htpasswd files to the list of files that don't get overwritten. =)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.