Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Insert an Image?

Quote Reply
Insert an Image?
I've created a column to upload image URLs, i named it "image_url".

But I can't figure out how to take these image_url and insert them so they show up each of the respective links.

ie.

Link 1: (image_url1)

Link 2: (image_url2)

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [peego] Insert an Image? In reply to
You have to use a global to show the images in your template. There are tons of globals spread around this + the development forum (I posted most of them Tongue). I wish I had time to go looking for it myself... but I'm afraid I don't :(

Try a search for;

User: Andy
Thread: File image global

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Insert an Image? In reply to
Hi Thanks andy,

I searched, and tried many of the suggest methods, but I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this kinda stuf.... Crazy I just can't figure out how to get my images to show?

In links property, I created a column called "Image_URL" and this column is then filled by data import, and filled with complete image URLs, so each link has its own Image_URL being pulled from another site like this:
http://www.somesite.com/images/image1234.jpg etc...

so I dont need to upload any image etc... but i just can't figure out how to take the values in "Image_URL" column, and display those image urls as the image...

I would imagine it would be really easy, but I just don't have a clue...

Last edited by:

peego: Jul 24, 2004, 4:29 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [peego] Insert an Image? In reply to
If I understand you correctly you will need something like this where you want the image URL to be displayed.
<%Image_URL%>

Regards

minesite
Quote Reply
Re: [minesite] Insert an Image? In reply to
awesome, that worked! can't believe how simple that was...

thanks!! Sly