Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Include Tag in User Language?

Quote Reply
Include Tag in User Language?
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to include a value from the Links Table in the user language for the subject of the link validation email?

In other words, now when someone adds their link and it is validated, they get an email with the subject line:

Your link has been added.

I would like to change this to include the ID number of the link:

Your link has been added - ID#<%ID%>

Our users add multiple links, and many are contacting me asking why we sent them the same email multiple times, because they just look at the subject line of the email, and see it's the same for several emails.

Does anyone know if it even possible to include a variable from the Links table in the user language? I tried the tag <%ID%> and that didn't work...

-Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Include Tag in User Language? In reply to
I finally figured out how to do it. I changed the subject for the email in Tool.pm to:

subject => Links::language('VAL_APPROVESUB') . $link->{ID},

This let me add the Link ID number to the subject of the email sent to the user when we validate their individual links.

--Frank
Quote Reply
Re: [FrankM] Include Tag in User Language? In reply to
You can get better flexibility with a small alteration.

Using:

Code:
subject => Links::language('VAL_APPROVESUB', $link->{ID}),

...will let you put %s in your language variable where you want the id to show, for example...

The id is %s
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Include Tag in User Language? In reply to
Thanks very much Paul. That's exactly how I wanted to do it, but couldn't figure out that last step you provided.

-Frank