Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Importing just new links to be validated from links 2.0 to links sql

Quote Reply
Importing just new links to be validated from links 2.0 to links sql
Hi,
I imported links 2.0 to links sql, and after some time got everything on the links sql side working nicely. My problem was i never moved my site over to the links sql yet and Now I have about 850 new links in the old site (links 2.0 flat files) is there a way to just import the links that need to be modified and new links to be valiadated? Without having to import all the links?

Thanks,
Carmine
Quote Reply
Re: [carjunky33] Importing just new links to be validated from links 2.0 to links sql In reply to
Hi. You could probably do this with Data_Import.

You would basically download your /admin/data/links.db file, and then paste the content of that file into the Data_Import plugin (from Plugins > Start Import).

You then need to setup which fields in the links.db file match up to which fields in the LinksSQL install.

If you wanted to do the categories too, then you may want to give Multi_Categories a go.

Please note, the Data_Import plugin will generate the categories, and missing sub-categories for you.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [carjunky33] Importing just new links to be validated from links 2.0 to links sql In reply to
Does anyone know of a way that won't cost $80 to import 800 links?
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Does anyone know of a way that won't cost $80 to import 800 links?

You could just download your current version, upload it to your new site, edit the links.cfg file to suite your new site, and then run the import through LinksSQL :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!