Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Importing Newsletter Subscribers and MySQLMan bug

Quote Reply
Importing Newsletter Subscribers and MySQLMan bug
In Links SQL 1.12 or a version close to that, I have a large subscriber base of around 1200 that I would like to import into Links SQL 2. When using the import from def files it imported the categories and links, but not the subscribers or users (is that what they are called?)

Can anyone suggest a way that this can be done?

Another problem I am facing is working out how many links each user has added. Pugdog suggested using MySQLMan, but upon tring to access MySQLMan through LinksSQL2 I get the following error.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT_Template (4227): Unable to open template file '/templates/table.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at html.pl line 68

Quote Reply
Re: Importing Newsletter Subscribers and MySQLMan bug In reply to
You can probably use MYSQLMAN to import the subscribers as well.

If that isn't working, you have a problem in the installation.

MysqlMan is installed with Links 2.0 NG and it should run without a problem from the default locations. MySQLMan keeps it's templates in it's own directory in the msqlman directory.

You need to get mysqlman working before trying anything else!

PUGDOGŪ
PUGDOGŪ Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://pugdog.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
I have no idea why MySQLMan isnt working. This is my second reinstall, I am using a new database and it is installed into a seperate directory and everything seems to work except MySQLMan.

I also got MySQLMan as a seperate program and installed it and get a similiar error.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT_Template (27929): Unable to open template file '/templates/database.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at html.pl line 45

Quote Reply
I managed to get it working, I has to edit the config file it had setup and rem out the lines that try to find the path to it and manually enter them in there. MySQL Man works find now.

So did your select * from Links where LinkOwner = 'whatever' for finding how many links per user.

Could you please tell me how I would go about importing the users.

Quote Reply
To IMPORT the "Subscribers"...you need to do the following:

1) Select the appropriate table.
2) Then click on Properties.
3) Then click on Import.
4) Then type in the complete ABSOLUTE PATH and FILE to where your subscribers.db or email.db is located (yes, you need to have this file uploaded to your server).
5) Then click on the Submit button.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Where would I find my subscribers.db file to import, I have had a look but was unable to find one. When I log onto my other database through MySQLMan to try export the table to email.db I get a permission denied error.

Can you help me please..

Quote Reply
Hi,

The subscribers should have been imported, if not, this is a bug. Were there any errors you got when doing the import?

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: Importing Newsletter Subscribers In reply to
Ah, this is indeed a bug. The solution is very simple - you need to add the following to admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm, on line 267:
Code:
$get_subscribers->execute();
(This should be 3 lines under the comment:
Code:
# Subscribe users - these users receive the newsletter.
and immediately under
Code:
my $get_subscribers = ...
in case your file line numberings are different than mine).

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Has this been updated in the current download version?

Quote Reply
No, I do not beleive so. It will be updated the next time the current package is updated.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I have the same error message with Sqlman at my virtual server. but Sqlman runs well on my local installation (win2k).

Long

Quote Reply
I also get the MySQLMan error!!!

Thanks
Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
Hi:

I also had this problem with MySQLMan, the file not being found. While Pugdog is correct, the install does put that file right where it belongs, there are two ways to configure MySQLMan. The regular install works great for MOST people, but there are a few of us who need to mod MySQLMan.

If you open for editing mysql.cgi, you will see this right at the top in comments:

In Reply To:
# Auto set the path. If the path is not set automatically then
# you can comment out BEGIN { ... } and add the line:
# use lib '/path/to/mysqlman';
So, comment out this code, and hard wire in the path to your mysqlman directory.

I had the same error, and I know this works! Make sure to back up mysql.cgi on your local drive, and after any re-install on the web, just re-upload the modded mysql.cgi, and you are set!

d

Quote Reply
Hi:

Almost forgot.... there is also this line- VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

In Reply To:
# (You may need change the auto set path part of mysql.cfg as well.)
So make sure to do BOTH files....

good luck!

d