Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import help

Quote Reply
Import help
Hi
I lost everything on my server now I (Alex) have (has) re-installed MySQL and I am trying to import the backup tables that I had Categories, Links, Subscribers and not much more And I have no idea on how to do it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Sincerely
Arturo

Quote Reply
Re: Import help In reply to
Do you have a recent "dump" file of your database? IF so, then use that dump file, which will re-create your tables and insert data. IF you do not have a recent DUMP file, then you can import each flat file for each table individually via the IMPORT function in MySQLMan.

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Import help In reply to
Thank you for all your help.
Sorry on the delay of my answer, I was out of town.
I have been able to import the data to the tables in MySQLMan. I have the Category and Links table with the data.
I have then tried to import from LinksSQL and I receive the following error.
Importing Subscribed users (users who receive the newsletter) ...
0 Subscribed users imported.

Importing Categories and Links ...
Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to execute query: Unknown column 'ReceiveMail' in 'field list' at /home/sites/site3/web/cgi-bin/cgi/admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm line 626

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to execute query: Unknown column 'ReceiveMail' in 'field list' at /home/sites/site3/web/cgi-bin/cgi/admin/Links/Import/S1S2.pm line 626
Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect().
I have look for the field 'Receive Email' but I havent found anything.
I suppose I am still doing something wrong.
Any help would be gratly appreciated
Sincerely
Arturo