Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import Error from LinksSQL111 to SQL2.beta1

Quote Reply
Import Error from LinksSQL111 to SQL2.beta1
Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Error reading file /www/netreal/xxx/defs/Build_Update.def: No such file or directory at import.cgi

My Path ist OK!!!!

Ralf
NetReal.de

Quote Reply
Re: Import Error from LinksSQL111 to SQL2.beta1 In reply to
This is a very unusual and baffling error - the import doesn't care about the Build_Update def file. I have, however, encountered a similar problem (though not with Build_Update) with old versions of perl (5.004_04, not sure about later versions) with it reporting 'No such file or directory' for files that plainly exist. I traced down the problem and have fixed it for the next version.

What version of Perl are you using?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Perl Version: 5.00404
PERL compile version OS: linux

Ralf
NetReal.de

Quote Reply
Ah yes, this is the version I had problems with :-\ Anyway, the problem has been fixed (and tested with that version of Perl) for the latest Links SQL 2 beta.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Out of curiousity, what was the problem you found/fixed for perl 5.004.04 ? It might answer something that had bugged me back when.

PUGDOG®
PUGDOG® Enterprises, Inc.
FAQ: http://postcards.com/FAQ

Quote Reply
Hallo!
Es ist ein großes Problem beim Import aufgetreten LinksSQL1.13 -> LinksSQL2.0.0.neueste Version
In der alten Datenbank hatte ich: 4699 Links und 4831 zu validierende Links!
Beim neuen System LinksSQL2.0.0. habe ich 9925 Links in der Datenbank. Diese Seiten werden auch gebildet!!!!
Mein altes System LinksSQL1.13 ist dabei abgestürzt!! und mußte neu installiert werden!
Gruß aus Berlin
Ralf

Quote Reply
Well, the problem was simply that do() was not clearing $! - it was only setting it if an error occured. The solution was to declare local ($!,$@) before the call to do() (and in fact this is probably a better solution even without the bug). I've checked it out and it was fixed between Perl 5.004_04 and 5.004_05.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads