Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import Error from Links2.0 to SQL2.0beta

Quote Reply
Import Error from Links2.0 to SQL2.0beta
I now have LinksSQL2.0beta up and running on my server, but for some reason I am having problems importing my existing data from Links2.0. I am using the web interface for SQL admin to complete the task, and I get the following error message:

Import error: CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Not yet implemented at /home/aaasearch/public_html/kaazoocom/cgi-bin/links/admin/import.cgi line 855

Here is the start of the sub-routine where it is failing:
--------
sub import_L2S2 {
critical("Not yet implemented");
my $opt = shift;

my $have_email_db;

my $DB = new GT::SQL(def_path => $$opt{destination}, subclass => 0);
my $e_prefix = $DB->prefix;
my $e_dbh;
{
my $table = $DB->table("Links");
$table->connect();
$e_dbh = $table->{driver}->connect();
}
--------

Does anyone know what might be causing this? My database from Links2.0 is unchanged, I didn't add any extra fields or anything like that. I also made certain that the path to the def files for SQL2.0 is correct.

I also tried running import.cgi through telnet using the following format:

perl import.cgi --from=<L2> --to=<S2> --source=<L2datadirectory>
--destination=<S2defdirectory>

And the same error message is produced.

Thanks,

Rob

Quote Reply
Re: Import Error from Links2.0 to SQL2.0beta In reply to
Hi Rob,

The import from Links 2.0 is still in progress. It only works from Links SQL 1.x, but we should have that fixed up shortly.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Damn, I wish I would have known that earlier. Do you have any idea when it will be fixed (days/weeks/months)? I guess I will have to go back to 2.0 for a while. At least now I know that I am not doing anything wrong. =)

One thing I noticed with the SQL2.0beta1 templates is that for some reason the contact name and contact email fields on the add and modify templates are different. On the add templates they have an underscore (contact_name), and on the modify templates, they do not. Did you guys know about this, will it cause problems or does the script account for this?

Rob Bartlett
AAA Internet Publishing, Inc.
http://www.AAAInternet.com
Quote Reply
Hi,

Hopefully we should have it fixed up tonight or tommorrow. You can always:

1. Install Links SQL 1.x.
2. Run Import.pl to import into Links SQL 1.x
3. Now import from Links SQL 1 => Links SQL 2.

=)

As for templates, you can keep it named 'Contact Name', there is code that takes into account the name change, however I do recommend updating your templates.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Ok, I will probably just revert back to Links 2.0 then until you have the import feature completed. No sense in making myself a bunch of extra work when LinkSQL2.0 is essentially already installed and ready to go. Will a message be posted here once import.cgi is complete?

Rob Bartlett
Quote Reply
The Links 2.x => Links SQL 2 import has been finished as of yesterday and will be included with the next release.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
That's great. =) Do you have an estimate as to when the next release will be? Also, do you guys have any idea when you will probably have a finished version of 2.0(not beta)?

Rob Bartlett