Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import Error

Quote Reply
Import Error
I get the following import error when I try to use the import script through telnet. I did the command correctly and this is using my existing linkssql database.

WARNING: Unable to execute query `INSERT INTO Users (Name, Username, Password, Email, Validation, Status) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)' (dhigbee): Unknown column 'Name' in 'field list'
WARNING: Unable to insert category `Arts and Entertainment' (SQL query: `INSERT INTO Category (ID, Name, FatherID, Full_Name, Description, Meta_Description, Meta_Keywords, Header, Footer, Number_of_Links, Has_New_Links, Has_Changed_Links, Newest_Link) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)'): Unknown column 'FatherID' in 'field list'
CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to execute query `SELECT ID FROM Category WHERE Full_Name = ?': Unknown column 'Full_Name' in 'where clause' at ./import.cgi line 587

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Unable to execute query `SELECT ID FROM Category WHERE Full_Name = ?': Unknown column 'Full_Name' in 'where clause' at ./import.cgi line 587Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.

I don't think the import script takes into account all possible scenarios (at least not my database).

Quote Reply
Re: Import Error In reply to
In Reply To:
I don't think the import script takes into account all possible scenarios (at least not my database).
What is different in your database? Have you modified the new Links SQL database somehow?

The 'FatherID' and 'Full_Name' fields are required fields in the new Links SQL - it defines the field a category is in. For example, if Category "Computers" has an ID of 2, then "Computers/Monitors" will have Name = "Monitors", Full_Name = "Computers/Monitors" and FatherID = 2. All of these fields are required for the new Links SQL.

Have you done the Links SQL 2 setup (which creates the proper tables) prior to attempting to import?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I didn't modify anything in my lsql1 database meaning I didn't add any fields or anything like that.

Yes I did do the Links SQL 2 setup before importing.

Quote Reply
It sounds like you've put the path to Links SQL 1 where you should put the path to Links SQL 2 when asking for the def files.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
./import.cgi --from=S1 --to=S2 --source=/LINKSQL1DEFS/defs --destination=/NEWDEFDIRECTORYFROMLINKSSQL2RIGHT

This is what I'm using.. It is the correct command right?

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
./import.cgi --from=S1 --to=S2 --source=/LINKSQL1DEFS/defs --destination=/NEWDEFDIRECTORYFROMLINKSSQL2RIGHT

This is what I'm using.. It is the correct command right?
destination should be the directory to your Links SQL 2 def files. This is probably something like: /your/directory/admin/defs

If your problems persist, I'd advise you to wait for the next release which will be released shortly. The import has been considerably reworked internally and the text interface to the import is completely different now. If you still have problems with the upcoming version, post a new thread on the forum and we will get back to you as soon as possible!

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads