Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Import-Problems

Quote Reply
Import-Problems
Hallo,

although I installed the second archive of Links SQL 2 beta1 I get error 500, when I call the import-script. The old one (from Alpha 10) worked fine. Has anybody got an idea?

Best regards

Ralf

Quote Reply
Re: Import-Problems In reply to
At what point are you getting a 500 error? Is it when submitting the data for an import, or when you click the Import/Export link?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Jason,

I get the error when I click on the Import/Export Link.
Regards
Ralf

Quote Reply
Any error in the server's error log?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
SOrry,

the site is hosted by a provider. I haven't got access to the logfiles.

Quote Reply
I got the same problem!

When I try to run nph-import.cgi I also get an 500 error.

Can anybody help?

Quote Reply
Same problem here ... http-500-error

Quote Reply
I've downloaded the version on the web and done an installation of it and tested it, but I am not getting any error. Does anyone who is getting this error have access to the error log to see what is going on?

Also, what versions of Perl are you running?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
When I try to import from Links2 it tells me that category.def is temporarily unavailable....but it has been "temporarily unavailable" for about 3 days now! :-)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Thanks
Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
Ah, are you by chance using perl 5.004_04?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
U-Oh......sounds ominous!

Yes I am....!

Thanks
Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
This is a problem I'd encountered elsewhere in the import earlier, but apparently I didn't catch it here...

Anyway, what you're going to have to do to fix it is change admin/Links/Import/L2S2.pm, line 53:
Code:
local (*LINKS,*CATS,*EMAIL);
to
Code:
local (*LINKS,*CATS,*EMAIL,$!,$@);
This is (now) a known bug, and has been fixed. I'm not sure when the version online will be updated, but this fix will be included in the next update.

Unfortunately, I've ran into more bugs related to the Links 2.x import this morning (related the underscores in Links 2.x not being converted to spaces everywhere that they should be converted). This, also, will be included in the next release, but as a result you may get many links not importing due to and invalid category.

Sooner or later this will all be working beautifully...

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick respone...this looks like the problem as the error mentions that particular .pm file!

Thanks for your help...Ill give it a go!

Thanks
Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
We have the same problem, our version of perl is 5.005_03, do we need to use an older one, how can we fix this problem

Quote Reply
Which problem are you encountering?

The 500 error or the "temporarily unavailable" error?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
We got the 500 error when we press the import/export link.

Quote Reply
If you read the latest announcements you'll see that GT has been working very hard to correct these and other bugs related to import/export. It was originally scheduled to be released in maintenance upgrade 2.1 some time last week or the week before. I wasn't expecting it that soon because I'm sure it's very difficult to get exactly right. I'm also sure that version 2.1 will be well worth the wait.

I'm anxious too but I'd rather wait and have it right than get it now and have to reinstall more upgrades down the road. Take your time guys. Get it right. And thank you for working so hard on it. Smile

Mark Brasche
http://SurfSafely.com/
Quote Reply
Does this mean that for the moment we can't import all the info we have from Links SQL 1, we are moving to another server and this is why we need to import all our info

Quote Reply
Actually I think most of the import problems surrounded importing from flat files dissimilar to the Links file format. I have seen some users here have genuine difficulty importing from 1.x but most problems were caused by user error. What will it hurt to try?

Mark Brasche
http://SurfSafely.com/