Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Help with installing LinksSQL together with GForum, Community and AdvertPro

Quote Reply
Help with installing LinksSQL together with GForum, Community and AdvertPro
Hello everyone.

I am new to the Gossamer world, so this is necessarily a naive newbie type of question.

I am installing LinksSQL 2.2.0, GForum-1.2.3, Community 1.0.2, and AdvertPro, all on the same site. I am confused about how the installation scripts of these packages all interact with one another, and about how I can install these packages in the "correct" way, i.e., what is the correct way to organize the directory trees of all these packages?

At this time, I have completed installation of LinksSQL 2.2.0, by running the install.cgi script from the cgi/ directory. By default, the installer created the LinksSQL directories underneath cgi/, e.g., cgi/admin etc. I am assuming this is the correct configuration.

Now I want to install GForum. I am assuming this should be installed as an independent package, not as a plugin for LinksSQL2.2.0, is this correct? Should I create a separate cgi/gforum/ directory for the GForum install.cgi script and run it from there, and just accept the default paths from the installer?

I want to tie the gforum and LinksSQL together using Community. Is there a requirement here that Community has to be installed before installing GForum and LinksSQL, or is the order immaterial?

How about AdvertPro? Are there any specific configuration issues I have to be aware of, when installing it as a plugin for LinksSQL?

Is there any documentation that addresses issues like this one? These may all seem like naive questions, but I really feel like I am flying blind with these installs, and don't know what I'll run into.

I very much appreciate any help anyone can give.
Thanks,
Bapa
Quote Reply
Re: [bzbody] Help with installing LinksSQL together with GForum, Community and AdvertPro In reply to
Hi,

you should decide which product is most important for your
site and put this in cgi-bin.

Then you should create subdirectorys for each other product
and install it in these directorys.

And you should install GT Community at last of all scripts.

Best regards from
Bremen/Germany

Lothar
Quote Reply
Re: [eljot] Help with installing LinksSQL together with GForum, Community and AdvertPro In reply to
Lothar, thank you very much for the helpful response. I appreciate it.

Bapa