Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Have two MAJOR problems now....

Quote Reply
Have two MAJOR problems now....
Hi:

Man, I am TOTALLY lost now... I had everything working sweet, then I put tyhe final release into the final directory, moved a couple mods over, and everything is screwy now.

To start, any search results in : GT::SQL::Table (6565): Unknown method 'get_categories' called at search.cgi line 131. I cannot figure this one out as I have done NOTHING to GT::SQL:Tables OR any of the search files...

Also, having a problem with Detailed pages- I am getting a blank white page instead of a Detailed page. Check this:

http://www.bcdb.com/...d/20523.html&d=1

Help- I am panicing!

dave

Quote Reply
Re: Have two MAJOR problems now.... In reply to
OK, solved the blank detail page.... they were not enabled in setup (Tongue DUH!!!!)

But now I get a similar error to the Search one with Detailed pages.... I get:
GT::SQL::Table (7898): Unknown method 'get_categories' called at (eval 6) line 27.

With debug on, the whole error is:

In Reply To:
Links (7898): Links::environment called at /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/Links.pm line 452 with no arguments.Links (7898): Links::fatal called at /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/GT/Base.pm line 212 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table (7898): Unknown method 'get_categories' called at (eval 6) line 27.
).Links (7898): GT::Base::__ANON__ called at (eval 7) line 27 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table (7898): Unknown method 'get_categories' called at (eval 6) line 27.
).Links (7898): GT::Base::_generate_fatal called at /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/GT/Base.pm line 105 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x8353790), get_categories, 20523).Links (7898): GT::Base::AUTOLOAD called at (eval 6) line 27 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x8353790), 20523).Links (7898): Links::Build::build_detailed called at /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 78 with arguments (HASH(0x826c084)).Links (7898): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/Links/Build.pm line 44 with arguments (GT::Plugins, /home/c/cartoon/public_html/bcdb/admin/Plugins, build_detailed, *Links::Build::build_detailed, HASH(0x826c084)).Links (7898): Links::Build::build called at page.cgi line 203 with arguments (detailed, HASH(0x826c084)).Links (7898): main::generate_detailed_page called at page.cgi line 54 with no arguments.Links (7898): main::main called at page.cgi line 22 with no arguments.
What have I done- or not done?

dave

Quote Reply
Hi,

Can you check your Links.def file and look for something like:

subclass => {
'table' => 'Links::Link',
}

Is that missing? What's happened is when you call $DB->table('Links'), you are getting a GT::SQL::Table object, when you should be getting a Links::Link object. I can't see how that could have disappeared from your def file though.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex:

YOU The Man! That was it.... I had copied an OLD Links.def at some time, and it pointed to the wrong "Links" file (the old one with a prefix....)

OK, all is well!

Dave