Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Gossamer Links admin layout

Quote Reply
Gossamer Links admin layout
Hello,

Gossamer Links is one of the best link idexing tools and it's increasing in technic & features,
but the admin layout is a little bit outdated.
It is not valid xhtml and there are older tags like font face & font color in the code.

What I like is a valid xhtml admin code & a seperate CSS so that users can give the admin the layout they want.

Is there any plans to restyle the admin layout of Gossamer Links?
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] Gossamer Links admin layout In reply to
We do have such plans, but they're pretty low on priority right now.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Gossamer Links admin layout In reply to
brewt wrote:[/quote]
We do have such plans, but they're pretty low on priority right now.[/quote]

Hi Adrian,

I am glad to see that GT is already having plans to update GLinks Admin layout, I would like to take this opportunity to suggest some more tweaks and 'helpful' features and will hope if you guys get time, then please look into it:

• Customizable Editor View: Right now, editors add, edit and delete form, shows all the link & category properties as shown to Admin. If there was an option, where editor can see properties only specified by Admin, then it could be very much helpful.
  • Link, User, Category & Review property sorting: For example, if I Create Address, City, State & Zip code field within User properties and then setup Company Name, Company Phone. Now if I want to add "Country" field for the user, within the add/edit & search form, "Country" field will appear after Company information & not along with other Address Information. I understand, that by editing .def file this can be changed, however if there was a Sorting Option, like "move up", "move down" type of function within database property editor, it would be very helpful.
  • Cron Function: I am very thankful to Andy for making cronjob plugin for GLinks. It is useful and save tons of time. If this feature was already inbuild in GLinks, it would be appreciated.
  • User Update of Review: Where admin can setup function, if listing owner should be allowed to reply to the reviews or not.. This feature is also requested at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=296641

• Again thank you for the continual support.

Vishal
    -------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by:

SWDevil.Com: May 18, 2007, 2:08 PM