Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Gossamer Forum Payment System for Links SQL?

Quote Reply
Gossamer Forum Payment System for Links SQL?
Can anyone (Jagerman?) tell me if GT have any plans to implement their GForum payment system in LinksSQL?

I for one would find it very useful if people could pay to access a LinksSQL database for a set period of time (via individual payments or recurring subscriptions).
Quote Reply
Re: [cwi] Gossamer Forum Payment System for Links SQL? In reply to
Excelent idea... Also the posibility to charge for submissions would be great. The payment modules look as if they are exactly that, modules. So I suppose that either bundling them or transforming them into a Links SQL plugin can result in a nice, new revenue stream for Gossamer, I guess hundreds here will pay for it.
Quote Reply
Officially, i can't say, but I do believe they are looking at integrating the payment system into other products, including GoCart.

Why they chose GForum as the test product, I'm not sure, since it would have seemed Links or GoCart would have been a more obvious and heavily used choice due to the nature of "links" and listings and the innate nature of a shopping cart <G>

But, I think it had more to do with the programmers familiarity with Gforum than anything else for this initial release.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
In our case I see...

1) Ability to easily sell paid listings in the directory - with gateway options for admin such as PayPal, 2checkout.com, Authorizenet, etc. built in and validated as paid through admin. How nice for a user to see their link and at the click of a button and a few screens access that link.

2) Membership paid for specified categories. Some free articles and some paid. Nice!

We would be interested in purchasing a plug-in of this type.

Thanks for the post!
Quote Reply
Re: [SSmeredith] Gossamer Forum Payment System for Links SQL? In reply to
Right now I'd just like to see the gateway <G>

Paid links, paid advertisements, etc would all be icing.

Heck, paid image gallery listings, paid image gallery downloads, paid calendar listings, <G> it goes on and on.

But, I would *really* still like to see the gateway working in the shopping cart, since from there, (or to there?) you can send anything, and get it totaled and paid for. That is the first step -- a big one! After that, integrating into Links with some simple, callable, interface would be great.

Making (taking) money on-line has always been a problem.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] Gossamer Forum Payment System for Links SQL? In reply to
I have to agree, although I don't use the cart (...yet) it would be the most obvious choice for a payment module. I run the PPC and that would really be nice - many of the cheapy versions of PPC apps even have it.