Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Google Apps and GLinks

Quote Reply
Google Apps and GLinks
Hi all,

My mailservice on my machine is being attacked. Has been for 3 weeks now. They havent been able to get in, but its caused my box to go down just about everyday. So im looking for a solution and this is what Ive come up with. But would like to know if its compatible with glinks and the contact page plugin.

So ive signed up with google apps, it lets me use a personalised version of gmail for my domain. This requires that I change my MX record. WHich is fine, I use it on other domains which need many email accounts.

So having my email service elsewhere, would allow me to disable all email (sendmail) in the box.

Deal is I use the ContactPage plugin. Would it keep working if I disable all email in the box?

Kinda stupid question, but maybe its got something builtin that will allow it to keep working.
Or maybe I can reroute it to use gmail.... ?

Any ideas?

Maybe someone can tell me how to prevent the attack... dunno.

Thanks,

Juan Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: [Gorospe] Google Apps and GLinks In reply to
Hi,

You *may* be able to use the Setup > Email Options > db_smtp_server , instead of db_mail_path. You could either use another SMTP server (that you have access to), or possibly even use your modified domain (with the MX records pointing to gmail).

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!