Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Field not Showing up in Admin

Quote Reply
Field not Showing up in Admin
I have recently moved my site and had to do a links sql re-install. I finally got it to work. However I noticed that my custom field (Sort_Order) is NOT showing up on the admin category pages though the field does show up in the database.

I also noticed that newly created categories after the move are showing up either at the beginning or at the end of the list and not sorting A-Z anymore (Sort_Order ASC, Name ASC).

I'm open to any suggestions to fix this.

Thank you in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: [curman] Field not Showing up in Admin In reply to
You more than likely need to 'Resync' the Database.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Try;

Database > Select Links > Select Properties > Resync Database (bottom of page)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Field not Showing up in Admin In reply to
Thank you for the suggestions. Andy, do you mean Database - links - properties then repair tables?

I did : Set up - SQL server - the the last option which is Load table info from an existing set of tables (or resync the def files if you have changed your defs manually) and that worked.
Quote Reply
Nope, I merant what I said Wink

This will be what you see at the bottom of the page....use the one I've made in bold :)

Quote:
Properties: Add Column | Delete Column | Import Data | Export Data | Resync Database

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Ah, I see it now. I did the one I mentioned in my post and that seemed to have worked. What is the difference in what you suggested vs method I used? Did I kill something?
Quote Reply
No you did it right - the resync link on the properties page is just a quick link.
Quote Reply
The one I suggested will compare the fields found in the database, to the ones kept in Links SQL's .def files (in the /admin/def folder). Its just helpful if a field goes missing or somethingf Crazy

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thank you fella's. Appreciate the help. Everything seems to be behaving normally now.