Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Exporting template file fopr editing

Quote Reply
Exporting template file fopr editing
I want to edit my templates for my Links SQL site creating a different template for each category. My question is, can I create my templates in Dreamweaver and then use those on my site? I use Dreamweaver a lot...helps me with layout and such. Would prefer to edit my templates with it if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jaggster] Exporting template file fopr editing In reply to
I don't see why not - as long as you keep an eye on the various tags... I have used ex. Frontpage a few times for some design...

I just copy the template code from the LinksSQL area - edit it and then paste it back in and save in LinksSQL - then you are sure it works - and also saves you the time exporting and importing..

Klaus

http://www.ameinfo.com

Last edited by:

klauslovgreen: Mar 13, 2003, 11:59 AM
Quote Reply
I've used Dreamweaver MX very successfully for doing this. You may need to turn off some of the code correction features in Dreamweaver, as it can change some of the Links Tags. I gave up using Libraries in Dreamweaver and now edit all code that is common in all of the templates using Links SQL globals. Either way works well.

Cheers,
Piers
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Exporting template file fopr editing In reply to
Hi Piers1...you wouldnt happen to remember which code correcting features that you had to turn off would you? I have been using Dreamweaver for a while, but honestly never messed with any features before...always used the standard setup.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
For Dreamweaver MX;

Goto Edit, Preferences, Code rewriting;

Make sure the following check box is ticked;

Warn when Fixing or Removing Tags

Dreamweaver will now tell you if its changed anything. Go back to these options if you find its changing your templates alot, and uncheck the relevant option. As ever this will be down to experimenting to see what it does.
Quote Reply
Re: [Piers1] Exporting template file fopr editing In reply to
Thanks....appreciate the help.