Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Export Database from Links SQL

Quote Reply
Export Database from Links SQL
Hello,

How do I export my data from Links SQL 2.05 to a text file? Is there a way that I can import the BACKUP files in the /backup/ folder into ms access or otherwise get at it?

I would like to do it through linksql rather than through mysql or an external program.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] Export Database from Links SQL In reply to
If you simply want to do a MySQL dump into a text file, you could do thefollowing;

Database > MySQLMan > Launch MySQLMan > SQL Dump

Then decide what tables etc you want to dump into the file. You can selectwhere you want to put the text file (show it in your browser, or save it to afile on your server). I normally use the file on server option as it is fasterIMO.

That will export it into a format that MySQL can re-read and integrate intothe database again if ever the database were lost or you were setting up a newone. It can also be edited as a normal text file...

Hope that helps Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [cortez] Export Database from Links SQL In reply to
Hi,

To export to a text file, go to Database->Links->Properties->Export Data.

You can also setup Access to access your MySQL database directly through ODBC if you have some patience. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.