Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Errors: Add and Modify

Quote Reply
Errors: Add and Modify
I'm getting error messages when trying to add and modify a site. My database is back from v2.1.2, in which I had taken my site offline. I'm now bringing back up my site and have installed v2.2.0 of LinksSQL. I'm able to import my existing links database, but when I go to add a site I get the following error:
  • Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO Links (Description,LinkOwner,Hits,Status,isChanged,isPopular,Add_Date,ExpiryDate,Title,Rating,Votes,isNew,URL,Contact_Name,ExpiryCounted,Contact_Email,Mod_Date,isValidated,ID) VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,NULL)' Reason: Unknown column 'ExpiryDate' in 'field list'

• I've searched through existing posts, but haven't seen anything that details my issue exactly, nor close.

Also when I go to modify any links, I'm able to select the link to mody and make the change. But when I click on Modify Link, I get the following error.

Column Expiry notification sent can not be left blank.

When I searched through existing posts I did see one example of the issue. But when I looked further at the post, it was due to heavy modifcation of certain files. I haven't modified any files within my installation of LinksSQL.

Thanks in advance,
    Sean
    Thanks,

Sean Mott
    http://www.weatherdeck.net
    Internet's best weather search engine
    Quote Reply
    Re: [SeanM] Errors: Add and Modify In reply to
    Looks like something didn't upgrade correctly. Have you tried doing a Database > Links > Properties > Resync ?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
    andy@ultranerds.co.uk
    Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
    GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
    Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Andy] Errors: Add and Modify In reply to
    Thanks for the reply Andy.

That did resolve the Adding Link issue, but now when I go to Modify a Link I get the following error:

Failed to execute query: 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM Links WHERE ((ExpiryCounted = ? AND isValidated = ?))' Reason: Unknown column 'ExpiryCounted' in 'where clause'

I did a search on the forum for this error and couldn't locate any posts regarding it.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Thanks,

Sean Mott
    Quote Reply
    Mmm... if you go in Database > MySQLMan > Launch MySQLMan, and then click on the lsql_Links table "properties" ... what fields does it show?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
    andy@ultranerds.co.uk
    Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Andy] Errors: Add and Modify In reply to
    Here's the list of fields under the Links properties:

ID
    Title
    URL
    LinkOwner
    Add_Date
    Mod_Date
    Description
    Hits
    isNew
    isChanged
    isPopular
    isValidated
    Rating
    Votes
    Status
    Date_Checked
    Timestmp
    Recommended
    Contact_Name
    Contact_Email
    impressions
    Recommended1
    Detailed_Hits

Thanks,
    Sean
    Thanks,

Sean Mott
    Quote Reply
    Mmm... could you send over LSQL admin panel details, and I'll take a quick look for you. There should be quite a few more fields than that :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
    andy@ultranerds.co.uk
    Quote Reply
    It looks like your database wasn't upgraded properly. It's missing the columns that were added for Payments in 2.2.0. Try reinstalling and making sure the installer completes properly.

Adrian