Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Error in build --all cron

Quote Reply
Error in build --all cron
This has been working fine until a couple of days ago and now I receive the following e-mail after a build --all cron:
Quote:
Started at Fri Jun 26 00:00:01 2009.

Building HTML pages...

Creating backup file...
Done (1.13s)

Resetting hits and rates...
Done (0.00s)

Updating new flags...
Done (0.01s)

Updating changed flags...
Done (0.00s)

Updating Cool Flags...
Content-type: text/html

<p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>A fatal error has occured:</font></p><blockquote><pre>Can&#039;t call method &quot;fetchrow&quot; on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_cool_flags line 1057.
</pre></blockquote><p><font face='Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica' size=2>Please enable debugging in setup for more details.</font></p>
Can't call method "fetchrow" on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_cool_flags line 1057.

I have 2 sites and it's only happening on one of them. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [MJB] Error in build --all cron In reply to
Please enable "debug" in Setup > Misc Options, and try again.

What does the error message show (it will be a MySQL query error)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Error in build --all cron In reply to
That's strange. When I enable debigging and run the cron it sends the comlete e-mail with "All Done" time at the bottom. With debugging off it doesn't report past the Build Cool page.

I have noticed that when I changed the cron on the server there is a message: "/usr/bin/crontab permissions are wrong (6755). Please set to 4755."

Don't know if this has anything to do with it.
Quote Reply
MMm - odd - not sure :/

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Error in build --all cron In reply to
OK, it ran again during the night but returned errors this time. I don't know what to report back here but the general error is as follows:

A fatal error has occured:

Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_category line 737.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Stack Trace
======================================
Links (3140): Links::environment called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links.pm line 786 with no arguments.
Links (3140): Links::fatal called at Links::Build::build_category line 737 with arguments
(Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_category line 737.).
Links (3140): Links::Build::build_category called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 133 with arguments
(HASH(0x17b76e0)).
Links (3140): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Links/Build.pm line 30 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0xa5b420), build_category, CODE(0x1051ca0), HASH(0x17b76e0)).
Links (3140): Links::Build::build called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 628 with arguments
(category, HASH(0x17b76e0)).
Links (3140): main::_build_category called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 133 with arguments
(HASH(0xa5f580)).
Links (3140): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 106 with arguments
(GT::Plugins=HASH(0xa5b420), create_category, CODE(0xa16a20), HASH(0xa5f580)).
Links (3140): main::build_all called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 65 with no arguments.
Links (3140): main::main called at /home/mysite/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 42 with no arguments.

GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: &#039;SELECT ID FROM mysite_Category WHERE FatherID = ?&#039;: MySQL server has gone away $!: Connection reset by peer

Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at Links::Build::build_category line 737.
Quote Reply
Quote:
MySQL server has gone away $!: Connection reset by peer

Your MySQL server is dying or disconnecting for some reason.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Error in build --all cron In reply to
I'm going to change the time of the cron. Yesterday I altered it from 00:00 and it built OK.
Quote Reply
Right, I've just had it run again a minute ago and it built OK.

I have 2 cron jobs set to run at 00:00 (nph-build.cgi --all and expiry_notify.pl) so maybe they were conflicting. I've now set nph-build.cgi --all to run 10 minutes after expiry_notify.pl.

We'll see if it changes anything. If not I'll move them both away from 00:00.
Quote Reply
Well it looks like splitting the cron job times did the trick. They both ran last night without a hitch.

Strange how they had been working fine for so long and then suddenly started to error. I can only think that it might be something that's changed recently like a software upgrade on the server.
Quote Reply
Hi,

on my installation this error occures because the MySQL server didn't allow so many connections at the same time.