Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Editors reviews

Quote Reply
Editors reviews
Is there a way to also be able to have editors approve link updates and reviews? It seems logical, however I cannot figure out how to do this?
Quote Reply
Re: [jgkiefer] Editors reviews In reply to
I don't think editors can currently approve reviews. This has been asked before and I have to admit this would be a great addition for me as well. My site relies heavily on the review functionality. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Editors reviews In reply to
** Bump **

Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet? Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
...and another 9 months later.... Wink

Anyone?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Wow... has it been that long?

I've had to rearrange my list of priorities. Andy has taken over most of the image stuff, he's having a lot of fun <G>

I'm targeting working with the thumbshots.org and missing images creation scripts, as well as working on an amazon feed, for a book/video/dvd site. While I'm sure it could be generalized to other amazon stuff, it's really geared to items with an ISBN or UPC code linked to a title, like a DVD.

As part of that, is a rewrite of some of the previous Editor/User monitor functions, and finally releasing some updated review/ratings packages.

I'll look into allowing editors to edit reviews. But, as part of the Editor-Monitor system. It will most likely not go through the current Editors system. It will more likely be a self-contained system, web based, using the Editors status in the Users profile, and be reviews-based, not link based. ie: you'll be shown reviews that need validation, with a link back to the link, not links with reviews. While that functionality will be available, it looks from early work, that using the reviews as the key in the system, has significant benefits for expansion. (From the other end, links with un-approved reviews will be available, an editor, or priviledged user will see the unvalidated reviews on the link, and can approve them there. But, it won't lead outwards.... hard to explain).

The editors/review/users system is needed before we can move on to the classifieds/auction/matchmaker system, and is needed for the second level of the imageSQL program.

I'm not sure what sort of security/checks/balances I need to have in place. If you'd like to discuss this further, please take it to the http://UltraNerds.com/forum. Specific discussions on our plugins/addons will be there, not here. We are going to try like heck to keep our discussion of our products to a minimum here, except as they related to general Links funtions, and will keep the "basic" or "core" (Vanilla??) links discussions here.

For those interested, we are taking on a larger "group" project of creating an adult network, of related sites, pulled through a central log on, and with access to a central core of features such as email, paging, buddy lists, etc. It is *not* going to be generalized to other sorts of sites. It's going to be custom integrated into an adult playground sort of thing. We are still in the development stages, but it will pull just about everything we have under one roof, as a pretty awesome undertaking. If you run an adult site, and are or have been thinking about expanding and adding features drop me a PM (preferably on ultranerds.com). The unveiling for this is late 3Q04 or early 4Q04. Not sooner. A lot of other work has to go into it first. A hack of community, into a more flexible user manager, and integration of GList into it for targeted mailings, and newsletters. After that, we'll be integrating the ImageSQL into the MatchmakerSQL and other programs. What you consider "adult" is up to you, but basically we mean it as "not for kids", as opposed to "X-rated". PG/PG-13/R-rated, etc. We'll leave it at that for now. More details as we move closer to alpha release.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.