Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Editor Login Problems

Quote Reply
Editor Login Problems
Hello all,

I am now up to the stage of my installation where I am getting editors.

This prob, may be obvoius, or I may have really misread something, but here it is:

When an editor logs in they just get the signin successful screen with no way of getting into the editor functions:

"You have been successfully logged into the system. "

Anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: [sooke] Editor Login Problems In reply to
Hello,

you should make a link to browser.cgi like this:

<A HREF="<%db_cgi_url%>/browser.cgi">editor area</A>

the editor will see a control panel with available options depending on the rights.

If the user is not an editor, and wants to access the area, an error message will apear.
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] Editor Login Problems In reply to
Cool, thanks for the info... i'll give that a try!Smile
Quote Reply
I am getting the error message even if an editor tries to log in..... when I make a user an editor, other than assigning them a category in admin-browse, is there any thing else I have to do for LSQL to recognise them as an editor?
Quote Reply
hello

I think that you should specify a category, otherwise the control panel can't display rights.
If you see the Editors.def or the editor table in your database, you know directly why.
Quote Reply
I am still confunsedCrazy

I assigned a category to an existing user in the Browse Section. I did not do anything special to this user, other that this. I am assuming this alone makes them an editor.

In the Admin>Database section , i can't seem to find a part of any of the tables (Category/Users etc) where the editor information is recroded. How do I know which of my users are editors and which are not?

How can I assign or change and editors permissions after they have already become editors?

I am still confused on how to get an editor to log in also.... (lots of confusion going on this afternoon eh!)

Last edited by:

sooke: Apr 9, 2002, 2:06 PM
Quote Reply
When I log in as one of my editors and click on the link to the editor area

Code:
<a href="<%db_cgi_url%>/browser.cgi">

Invalid template name: browser.html at /s/categories.ca/cgi-bin/admin/Links.pm line 274

HelpUnsure
Quote Reply
I am guessing I need to copy all of the browser_*.html files from another templete to my yahoo/local directory for this to work.... my yahoo templete of course, not having these files in it.
Quote Reply
My Grandmother! I think that did itCool
Quote Reply
hello

congratulations, the browser files are only available in the default & admin template sets.
This will keep a minimum amount of files for distribution.