Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

E-mail Error Beta 1208

Quote Reply
E-mail Error Beta 1208
Alex,

Received this when I tried to email selected Links. Searched for a known URL in my database.

GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: 'SELECT ReceiveMail FROM bzUsers WHERE LinkOwner = '\'\'' ' Reason: Unknown column 'LinkOwner' in 'where clause'

I looked at bzUsers and I have Username as a key and a column, but not LinkOwner...

Can I correct the script or do I need to rename the column (how?)

Lance Rasmussen
Bowlingzone.com

Quote Reply
Re: E-mail Error Beta 1208 In reply to
Hi Lance,

Ideally, you should recreate your SQL tables, there were a couple fixes that need updating.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
A bug :(

Anyway, all the currently-known bugs in the mailer (and several with the import) have been cleared, and Alex will update the package available on the web shortly.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
I went ahead and did this. I exported the data and then set up a new database. Then imported. It coughed somewhere before the Clicktrack, but that's ok. As long as I had an easy way to bring in the links and catagories, I'm happy.

I did try the e-mail(mass) and it seems to work. Awsome.

Had a weird problem (even after rebuilding search). I couldn't find a link from e-mail selected link or user. I tried entering a link, partial and full to one I knew was in the database. Couldn't find. Ideas?

Lance

Quote Reply
Yes, it's amazing how as soon as I email everyone we find all these bugs. =) Anyways, that issue as well as some others with the import and mailer have just recently been fixed up (as of 5 minutes ago). Please grab the latest version. Sorry about the headaches!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.