Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Duplicate category check?

Quote Reply
Duplicate category check?
Hi,

I've found that my Lsql V1.12 stable doesn't check for duplicate category names (the category path itself, not the description). I found several duplicates under different ID's and have deleted them manually.

I appreciate the category management is changing in V2, so would it be possible to make the category 'path' unique and add some sort of error checking for adding new cats?

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
Re: Duplicate category check? In reply to
Lsql V1.12 stable??? I believe that was a buggy version and LSQL v.1.13 is the most recent "stable" version...you might want to see if that bug is fixed in v.1.13. Also, it might be better to post questions like this in the Links SQL Discussion Forum since v.1.13 is not technically a part of the Next Generation release...just an upgrade of v.1.11 and other 1.x versions.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I've reported an issue with the current version which is allowing multiple category paths (V1.13 does not cure it). I've specifically mentioned it here so that the developers of V2 can check it out and 'fix' it for the next version if turns out that this behavior could cause LSQL owners potential problems!

All the best
Shaun

Quote Reply
I'm pretty confident the new category management tools will eliminate this. Currently it's not possible to have two categories with the same name in the same parent category.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.