Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Displaying subcats in Home.html

Quote Reply
Displaying subcats in Home.html
Howdy,

I cannot seem to be able to find the control for displaying subcategories on the home.html page. For example at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...pts/links-sql/demo2/ , catergories are displayed including 3 subcategories below the main ones (Animation then -
Anime, Articles and Interviews, Artists...). I cannot seems be be able to display the Anime, Articles and Interviews, Artists... subcats.

On my template I have the <%category%> tag. Am I suppose to be using a different tag?

Thank you for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [curman] Displaying subcats in Home.html In reply to
Hello All Once more,

Does anyone have any suggestions? I cannot get the subcats to display on the home.html page.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
I believe you want the YahooSubcats plugin by Mel. I assume it comes with some intructions as to how to use it.

Dan
Quote Reply
Re: [Dan Kaplan] Displaying subcats in Home.html In reply to
why was this moved to the gforum category?
strange, that the navi menu shows [ home:products:linksSQL:discussions: repley to

sorry if I was creating noise. It just seemed a bit strange.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Displaying subcats in Home.html In reply to
It shows as being in the right forum for me...

Dan
Quote Reply
did you find the solution for this? i was looking for the same. Somethink like <%category%> ?sub-category_name_or_id to display the contents of that in a HTML.

-vensub71
Quote Reply
Re: [vensub71] Displaying subcats in Home.html In reply to
You need the Yahoo! SubCats Plugin - available from the download area (Plugin area in Links).

You then just put a SUB1 in the Categories where you want your subcategories to display and bob's your Uncle.

Regards,

Clint.
--------------------------
http://AffiliatesDirectory.com
The Affiliate Programs Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [Clint] Displaying subcats in Home.html In reply to
Got it. I need to print the subcat list output of a particular category in a HTML file (like SSI ) how do i do?

For example you have a total of 120000 category. Each category has at least one sub-category named 'Restaurant' . I would like to print the contents of a specific 'Restaurant' category with its subdirectory names(with links) in a HTML somewhere else.

I may want to pull the contents of that and print under a heading called "Restaurants in Boston area" .

<%category%> will print all. But if it is a specific category. Something like passing a parameter for "<%category%>?Cities/Boston/Restaurants"

Thanks,
Vensub